The year’s first half of 2017 is coming to close and the June This Month In Real Estate numbers are in. Inventory is still scarcely available and buyers are still flocking to local listings. If you have been considering selling, we would advise that NOW is the time.
There truly has never been a time to sell like we are currently experiencing – record profits for sellers. Average number of projected home sales dipped (likely to lack of inventory) as the median home price increased, 3.5% over last month. View the short video overview for the June 2017 Real Estate Market here:
SELLERS: Are you curious what your home is currently worth? Get an instant home valuation estimate by CLICKING HERE . You can also contact our Listing Specialist: Greg Spackman (615) 939-1252 to schedule a FREE consultation.
BUYERS: If you’d like to purchase a home, you can browse current local listings here: To Browse Homes For Sale Click Here. You can also contact Lead Buyer’s Agent: Kate Spackman (615) 840-2692 to schedule a FREE consultation.
Curious about us? Visit our website to Meet The Spackmans or check out our client testimonials here.
These numbers are, of course on a macro level as they feature nationwide data. If you are interested in the local market number, please text MARKET to 615-840-2692.
We hope you’re enjoying your summer and we’ll see you next month for This Month in Real Estate July 2017.
Owning your own home is certainly part of the “American Dream.” Neglecting regular upkeep and maintenance on your home, however, could turn that dream into an absolute nightmare. Buying a home is likely the largest investment you’ll make, protect that investment with seasonal maintenance. With the first official day of summer just around the corner, we’ve provide an 8 Step Home Maintenance Schedule for Summer to help keep your home in the best possible shape, protecting your investment.
- Inspect the exterior veneer (brick/siding) for cracks or loose pieces.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris. Make sure that splash blocks and extender tubes are present to keep water moving away from the foundation.
- Clear all foundation and exterior from vegetation.
- Check the exterior hose bib for leaks.
- Test that windows and doors open and close properly and easily.
- Inspect all wood structures such as decks and porches for soft or rotten wood and loose railings.
- You may want to consider staining, or re-staining decking and fences to prevent damage and maintain appearances.
- If your home has shutters that are fading, give them a quick refreshing. Faded shutters decrease curb appeal and give the impression of ill-maintained home.
If you have not already, be sure to tackle these 5 items either Annually or Semi-Annually as well.
- Make/Review an emergency escape plan with your family – does everyone know where to go in the event of a fire or natural disaster? Be prepared. Make a plan today.
- Make sure the house number is visible from the street for first responders to see.
- Have HVAC serviced annually.
- Test for Radon every couple of years.
- Replace HVAC filters once a month.
Need to address repairs or seasonal maintenance but don’t know who to contact? Give The Spackman Group a call 615-840-2692 or 615-939-1252 and we’ll provide you with a list of vendors and handymen in the area our clients have used and had success with. Please, consider us a resource.
You can also visit our website for more information www.thespackmangroup.com.
We talk all the time with our clients about how we are working hard to put the “REAL” back in Real Estate. So, today we thought we’d have some fun and help you get to know Greg a little better and help put a face with the name.
Greg is the CEO and Listing Specialist of The Spackman Group at Keller Williams Realty. With extensive internet marketing experience combined with a head for numbers, Greg is the ideal choice for getting your home SOLD the FIRST time. He is a innovator always looking to implement new ideas and knows that in today’s real estate market, technology is necessary to reach consumers and get their attention. But, transparency and authenticity is what truly earns their business. If you are looking to list your home, give him a call (615) 939-1252.
We interviewed Greg for 10 Things most people wouldn’t know about him. Here’s what he shared with us:
- I have five children – 4 boys, 1 girl ages 7 to 22.
- I attended Anaheim Ducks Fantasy camp three years in a row playing with NHLers George Parros, Bobby Ryan, Todd Marchant and Teemu Selane.
- I won a face-off against Teemu Selane in the final game and scored the most goals EVER in a fantasy camp game. It was a BIG night! Great memories.
- I raced BMX bikes as a kid in Southern California.
- I’ve been called the Jay Leno of RC Cars. I have over 25 R/C cars/trucks and would love to build a track to race them one day.
- My favorite food is Sushi. You may want to think twice asking me to have sushi with you. I once racked up a $1500 bill in NY for myself and two associates.
- I play ice hockey at Ford Ice on a team called The Mighty Drunks.
- I HATE blue cheese ANYTHING
- I love to fish but haven’t fished in TN yet.
- My favorite color is blue.
- (And an extra one…) Some of my favorite movies are Fletch, National Lampoon’s …pretty much all of them and Hot Tub Time Machine.
The Spackman Group at Keller Williams Realty
9175 Carothers Parkway, Suite 110 Franklin, TN 37067
(615) 939-1252 Cell
(615) 778-1818 Office
Check us out on FaceBook Visit our Website here.