It’s finally here, FALL! Fall is my favorite season of the year – temps are dropping, football and hockey games are starting to remind us how much we missed the in the off season, candy corn is on the store shelves again and the smell of pumpkin spice is everywhere.
With the new Fall season, however, brings new home maintenance tasks for homeowners. If you are living the American Dream of homeownership, you need to be aware that neglecting regular upkeep and maintenance on your home, could turn that dream into an absolute nightmare.
Buying a home is likely the largest investment you’ll make, protect that investment with seasonal maintenance. To take the guesswork out of it and pin-point the most necessary maintenance items to address this season, we’ve provided the 8 Step Home Maintenance for Fall. Be sure to check these items out in and around your home this fall:
- Test your smoke detectors.
- Have a certified Chimney Sweep inspect and clean the flues and check your fireplace damper.
- Make sure your caulking around doors and windows is adequate to reduce heating/cooling costs.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Check that all interior doors open and close properly.
- Look for water stains on the ceiling.
- Inspect under sink cabinets and around toilets and tubs for leaks.
- Check in the attic for roof leaks and adequate insulation
If you have not already, be sure to tackle these 5 items either Annually or Semi-Annually as well.
- Make/Review an emergency escape plan with your family.
- Make sure the house number is visible from the street for first responders to see.
- Have HVAC serviced annually.
- Test for Radon every couple of years.
- Replace HVAC filters once a month.
Know what needs to be done, but need help accomplishing the tasks for your Fall Home Maintenance checklist? Reach out to a local handyman or contact us for a list of vendors our clients’ have had success with. For a fee, these professionals can complete the tasks quickly and work with you to preserve the integrity of your home and the investment you have in it.
Contact us today by visiting our website: www.TheSpackmanGroup.com or by contacting our office (615) 778-1818 at Keller Williams Realty 9175 Carothers Parkway, Suite 110 Franklin, TN 37067
Kate Spackman: (615) 840-2692
Greg Spackman (615) 939-1252